Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Birthday negotiations begin...

I got a strange message on my phone machine early yesterday morning. Owen had left me a forlorn message stating that he thought that this would be a good day to celebrate his birthday.

Backstory: Owen, my baby boy, is turning 8 in two weeks... and on the weekend, we were talking about what he wanted to do for his birthday (ie. party with friends or party with family or both) and we realized in discussion with various people that not only is my mom leaving town to go visit my sister in California that week, but Owen's best friend Jack is going away then too for several weeks down to Missippi and Florida. So. If any partying is happening, we need to do it BEFORE his real birthday. His actual birthday he is at his dads. The weekend before his birthday he is with his dad. Which leaves THIS weekend... and I am very busy teaching sex ed this weekend to high school students... so we were negotiating about it and I was busy making phone calls yesterday all day.

Bottom line: I asked his dad to switch a weekend with me (or just a day). He agreed to let us have Owen's party on the weekend before his birthday. So that is ok. Now I just have to figure out where, who, food, etc.... Owen wants to go to a buffet type restaurant to eat, but that's not so great for a bunch of young kids... we may go to one of those big play lands for the party and then just a few of the older people go out for dinner. For now, we know Aunt Melanie, cousins Bailey, Tagan, Uncle Dan, Aunt Jennifer, cousin Griffin, Grampa and cousin Jack will probably be able to come - hopefully friend Jack can come too, and maybe a friend from school.

Comments:
Good luck, 8 is a really hard age to plan a party for. I think we did James' 8th (or 9th?) at Midway but that was before it got kinda creepy over there :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here