Friday, January 21, 2005

Bits & Bytes

Owen was so upset when he came home yesterday. He had been invited to go skating with Andrew last night on the Rideau Canal, which is the longest skating rink in the world here, but he had forgotten his skates at school. Eric took him back to the school but it was too late, the doors were locked. It didn't matter though, as Andrew said it was too cold to skate (-29) so he took Owen swimming at the wave pool instead. Owen had a great time!

I don't know why I am so tired...hmmm....maybe it's because I am staying up too late visiting blogs ?? :P ...but I really think it is the extreme cold here this week. It has been WAY below zero (like -39 degrees)... unbelievable... Canada is not normally like this, at least not here in Ottawa.. we usually get a maximum of a week of really cold weather like this... it has been constant - except for the strange rise above zero last week for a day.

Otherwise, I have a busy weekend ahead of me, with my boss piling tons of work on me to do. I am working on another federal court judicial review application (an appeal for another refugee case)... I don't even know what the case is about. When I pointed this out to her, she said "well read the file". Crap. Slave labour I tell you. (I am not getting paid for any of this work)

On Sunday, it looks like my daughter Zoe and I will be some of the people being interviewed for a National tv show on CBC... about our sexuality program at the church. I am so nervous, mostly cause I don't know what to wear and my hair looks like.... nevermind. Oh well. At least Zoe looks nice these days.

Next week my brother and his wife are moving to their new home (with baby Griffin of course!) Jennifer and my dad have been working really hard to repaint the whole place because the previous owners smoked and it smelled really bad. They also replaced all of the light fixtures and replaced the kitchen flooring. I haven't seen it yet but hope to soon.

I have to remember to call Ruth. We need to have a girls movie night.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here