Friday, January 07, 2005

Working Blues

So, I went back to work on Thursday for my first full day since before the holidays, and there is this woman lawyer who works on the same floor as we do, and she has been somewhat friendly since I have been there...

I have just come in after wandering around for over an hour in a blizzard with -17 degrees temperatures delivering crap to the Federal Court and the Department of Justice. She is just leaving for lunch. I should mention that she is the "gushing" type of person who overemphasizes certain phrases...

Anyway, she looks at me and says, "Have you lost some weight? You look fabulous!"

I look at her (not knowing what to say) and say, "Um, I don't think so..."

So then she says, "Oh, well it must be that outfit, you look really nice in that outfit."

I walk away and go into the washroom, and look at myself in the mirror. My cheeks are burning red because they are so cold. My hair is sticking straight out in every direction due to static electricity after taking my hat on and off several times. My nose is running. My lips are dry. My clothing is not remarkable, just brown pants, white shirt and a jacket. I am also quite sweaty because when I went in and out of various buildings it was really warm and I had too many layers on to keep removing them... so I think I smell too.

What the hell was that about? She either:

a) Felt sorry for me and was trying to make me feel better.
b) Was so shocked by my appearance she was trying to cover.
c) Wanted to make herself look "nice" to the receptionist.
d) Seeing me made her feel much better about her own appearance. ( Did I mention she is extremely overweight?)
e) Is a bitch.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here