Tuesday, February 15, 2005

It's all about the pants...

So today Owen did not go to school. It was Valentine's day. He missed the valentines and the party. It was also One Hundred Day (which being the 100th day of school, the school celebrates) so there was an even bigger party going on.

The main reason Owen did not go to school is that I forgot to wash his pants. The black ones that he loves. He informed me last night that his favorite pants were dirty at bed time. I said, yes, I can wash them... but then forgot because I fell asleep on his bed with him.

This morning, when Owen discovered that the holy pants were not clean, had a meltdown. I found him THREE other pairs of pants that he could choose from... but no, they were inferior pants... one was too tight... one has a zipper, which he HATES... and the other looked like the pants that the mean boy in his class wears... so of course, he couldn't wear THOSE pants.

And I am just so mean, I expected him to choose from the pit of evil pants from which no good can come. I actually had the nerve to expect him to try on each of these stinky no-good pants. Meanwhile, Zoe and Amelia had been promised a ride to school to help them deliver their school projects... so the clock was ticking and Owen was not wearing any pants.

So, I said "FINE" if you don't put some pants on, you don't get to go to school today -- and it's VALENTINES DAY (in case you forgot)... and I left with the girls to get them over to the school (where they would be promptly kicked out because of the aforementioned fire ~see below). Of course, this ploy didn't work, and he said "no problem... I am staying home".

After I dropped off the girls... I felt bad... so I came back and saw Owen. We decided to go get breakfast elsewhere and spent an hour talking. (Oh yeah... he had put on some pants by this time). After breakfast, we went home, and I started feeling lousy, so I lay down and fell asleep. I woke up at noon. So neither of us went anywhere. It was that kind of day.

Comments:
I bet it was all just a ploy to have Valentine's breakfast with his mean ol' ma!
Kim
Relaxed HS
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here