Saturday, August 27, 2005

Jesus Rises From a Watery Grave

A few days ago, I went to feed my fish in the living room and noticed that there was something wrong with the air pump, so I replaced it with the one from Owen's room. I also noticed that one of the fish was missing, the lemony gold angelfish (formerly known as Lemony), so I figured he had been eaten by the other two fish. Mind you, these fish are all pretty big now -- about 4 inches long each.

The next day, Owen informed me that the angelfish in question was floating in the top of the tank. Sure enough, the missing angelfish was dead, and I went looking for the net to scoop it out and send it to its watery grave down the toilet. Something happened though (ie. the phone rang) and I never did go back to do it.

Two days later, we were eating dinner at the dining table, and from where I was sitting I could see the tank. Suddenly I let out a scream. "OWEN! OWEN! COME HERE RIGHT NOW! LOOK AT THE TANK!"

Now everyone else at the table looked at the fish tank and didn't see anything remarkable. But Owen did. He shouted -- "OH MY GOD! THE ANGELFISH IS ALIVE!" And sure enough, the big pale yellow angelfish was swimming around the tank fairly majestically.

I explained what had happened over the past two days - - and I came to the conclusion that we should rename this fish Jesus, as he rose from the grave (albeit a watery one). Owen totally agreed that it must be a miracle from God. Owen is very attuned to these issues, unlike my other more sceptical children.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here