Saturday, September 03, 2005

Weekend Update

It is Saturday and I feel like we lost a few days this week... I guess mostly because our sleep was messed up and then we had to catch up.

Last night, Owen and I watched Schoolhouse Rock which I got recently. It was really neat seeing all the old songs that I watched in the 1970's. Even though I am Canadian, the American history ones were cool too. Eric and I did notice that there were some "politically incorrect" songs - for example, they didn't mention native Americans at all or women too much. Oh well, the grammar and math sections were excellent.

Later on, Eric and I watched Flatliners. I think I saw this years ago but had forgotten most of it. It is a very bizarre but intriguing story with younger versions of Kiefer Sutherland (Canadian), Julia Roberts and Kevin Bacon. (Plus the youngest of the Baldwin brothers... Stephen?) Anyway we got caught up in it and then I forgot to call Sarah. OOPS!

So this morning we called her -- Owen, Dorothy and I talked to her for about an hour. I got a "calling card" online so that instead of $2.50 per minute it costs about 4cents a minute. (MUCH better deal) Sarah was telling us about teaching her first classes which started on Thursday and her recent shopping trip where she bought peanut butter, jam and bread (which is not easily found where she is). During one of her classes, she was telling the students about herself and Canada and found herself explaining "beaver tails" (a flat round pastry that is deep fried and served with different types of toppings). When the students didn't know what beavers were, she drew a picture of a beaver on the board. Apparently they laughed at her drawing ability.

We finally remembered to set up the tents on the front lawn to dry out, and sweep. We just got them taken down again as black clouds are threatening a downpour any minute now.

Today I have to remember to go pick up my computer from Dan's - hopefully it is working better now. I was supposed to go last night but I forgot to do that too. My mind is mush... I guess from being in vacation mode.

As well, we have to pick up Zoe at some point from her sleepover and swing by her dad's place to get what she needs for school, which starts this Tuesday. We may see Ruth tonight and watch a movie. I bought Beyond Borders recently, starring Angelina Jolie which I saw at the theater last year and really enjoyed.

Have to figure out what to do for dinner tonight. Am still really tired.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here