Saturday, April 22, 2006

Easter Weekend

We had a very busy Easter weekend. In Canada, schools are closed for Good Friday and Easter Monday, so we get a 4 day long weekend. Banks are closed too, but some stores are opened. On Good Friday, I went to the office for a while (even though we were closed) to try to catch up on some files. In the evening we went to my sister Melanie's for a visit.

On Saturday, I spent several hours cleaning up the front yard. We have beautiful purple crocuses and violets blooming! I had to clear away tons of leaves from the fall. I am one of those people who covers the perrenials with leaves to protect them from our harsh winters. I raked for hours, then Dorothy came and helped drag bins of leaves away to a compost pile. I also trimmed several bushes. The front is looking pretty good now - and the tulips are about to bloom. If only I could get that enthusiastic about the back yard. Last year it was a disaster. In the evening, we went to visit our friends Margaret and David. We played cards and had a great time.

On Sunday, we had a bunch of younger folk over: Dorothy, Sarah, her boyfriend Evan, Amelia, her boyfriend Rob, and Phil, my younger brother who is 22. Rob made crepes and we had tons of fresh fruit with vanilla ice cream. Delicious! (No we didn't make it to church)

In the evening, Dorothy, Sarah, Zoe and I went to my mom's for dinner and a movie. We finally got her to watch Rent. I have seen it many times now, and I still love it. She had to admit it was a great production, and not as sad as she thought it might be.

Monday morning, my dad called and told us that Jennifer's dad had passed away while visiting from out of town over the weekend. How terribly sad. Apparently he was only in his fifties. (Jennifer is my sister-in-law, Dan's wife). We haven't heard any other news since Monday about this, but assumed the funeral was this weekend in Brantford.

It was pretty good weather all weekend, and we took the dogs out to Bruce Pit, a local nature area that is "dog friendly" (you can let your dogs run) with dozens of trails through the woods. We went twice and really enjoyed it. Later on Monday, most of the kids were home for dinner, and we had a big roast beef dinner, just because there were enough of us to bother.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here