Saturday, November 06, 2004

Sometimes Parents are Jerks

We went to parent / teacher interviews last week and got to talk to Kira’s teachers. We had concerns as last year she had attendance problems which of course affected her marks. She was dealing with all of the issues of her mom moving away to B.C. and suffered from depression for most of the school year. Her teachers said that she has been attending well and her marks are great. We were so relieved.

Last night, I let Kira use my laptop because Emma monopolized the kids computer all night doing homework. When I got my laptop back, I noticed that Kira had added a link to her livejournal on my favorites list. Of course, I should have just deleted the link… but who can resist snooping? After all it is my laptop. And my favorites list. Ummm….? This is what I found. She is a very unhappy girl.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaper Live Journal ~ November 5, 2004

My dad is such a dickhead. First he decides to cut off my allowance just because I turned 17. “Get a job” he orders…. As if its really easy to get a job. Now he has decided not to give me my bus pass money ‘cause I spent it on other stuff this month and had no money for my bus pass.

He probably found this brilliant idea in some parenting book, entitled “How to Raise Independent Teens” Sometimes I just want to get out – find my own place to live, screw off school – and do what I want to do. No stupid parents… no cruddy teachers. WHAT MAKES THEM THINK THEY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME?

GRRR. I am just fed up with it all. My teachers are idiots. I mean, look at my art teacher… she knows that I am the best artist in the class… but it’s not my fault that my art project fell out of my backpack when I was down at Major’s Hill Park on Tuesday after school. I went back to look for it, but it was gone. It is so hard starting it over – when I had all the perspective right. I give up. My mark will not be as great but who cares.

And then there is Mr. Dufus in Travel and Tourism – he told me that the stuff I missed from being away last week would not be on the test, but he lied. It was on the test, and I had no clue how to answer the question worth the most marks. What an asshole.

My mother keeps calling me and leaving me stupid messages. I did try to call her back but couldn’t leave a message because she doesn’t have a machine. Besides I don’t want to talk to her. She is so annoying most of the time with her bullshit about coming to live with her out in B.C. As if I would want to live with her anyway, let alone across the country from my friends.

I’d rather hang around with my friends these days. Just relax… zone out… No pressures.


Comments:
Lisa,
Good idea for a blog-epistolary bloggy novel! I love it so far. I'm hooked. Thank!
KC
http://bradley.chicago.il.us/kim/
 
Wow, she sound sunhappy, but also likes hse's venting. It's good she has a place to vent. One of my girls has a blog she doesn't want me to read (or at least don't want to know *if* I read it)and I think it helps them deal with all the stuff they feel.
I dunno if it makes you feel better, but it sounds like normal teen stuff to me. Kinda like when I was a teen. Oy.
Atypical Andrea
 
I agree that its great that she has a way to vent... the world can be so crappy at that age, I remember it well... I hated my mom until I was over 18, had moved out and gotten some distance from her.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here