Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sarah...pushing my buttons

I have come to realize that I have been yelling at Sarah lately. I am trying to figure out why. I think that it is because she always argues with me.... no matter what the topic... and I just can't take it anymore.

If I ask her to pick up the dirty dishes in the living room (which she left there), she starts on a tirade about how Amelia has left dirty dishes in the rec room. If I ask her to help with something, she makes up excuses why she can't. I think she basically doesn't want to cooperate with me -- so I approach her in a defensive manner right from the start.

I know it is not ok to yell at your kids (or anyone else for that matter). So I am sorry afterwards and will apologize. But that isn't good enough. I need to figure out a strategy to deal with her in a more positive way. I need to think about it a bit... it would be helpful if I was away on holiday somewhere!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here