Thursday, April 28, 2005

another day, another nap needed

This has been a long week. Lots of things happening...

* it looks like my grandmother is planning on having a memorial service for my grandfather in June... this will give us more time to plan... two of my sisters and I are hoping to attend.

* owen's BIG party at Cosmic Adventure is happening on Saturday - we have confirmed 8 or 9 children, 8 or 9 adults... it should be fun (at least for the kids)

* on tuesday, the two full-time admin staff at one of my placement locations got in a big fight and one of them (the nice one) quit... just like that... so all hell broke loose, cause gee, they actually need her. (what a concept) so I have been helping out more - doing phones, putting out fires... luckily it looks like another person will start tomorrow.

* on tuesday afternoon, I helped a friend move all afternoon and I pulled out my knee somehow... it is slowly healing.

* this morning, I did my first pre-trial for a small claims case... it was funny watching this old judge yell at the other side... but then he yelled at me too... I think he missed his coffee this am.

* today, we got a case at my immigration placement that was very bizarre... it was a family that had been accepted as refugees over one year ago, and now, the government has decided to appeal the decision... it doesn't make sense as they are way past the deadline to do so... this poor family (mom, dad and 4 kids) will now have to come up with thousands of dollars to defend their refugee status.... how fair is that?

* I hope to sleep in a tiny bit tomorrow am... to recover from it all.

* I have several files to work on this weekend... I guess its lucky its supposed to rain cause then I won't feel bad about not being out in the garden. (the rain all week is much needed as we were near drought conditions last week)

Comments:
What a week! Get some sleep so you can enjoy the party. I hope your leg feels better.
 
I'm glad to hear about the memorial service in June. Don't get me started about immigration. What're the chances of the case getting thrown out because the government filed late (or is the government excused from following the rules?)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here