Friday, May 13, 2005

Ongoing Crap of Life

My friend was supposed to come home today but she is worse, so they are keeping her longer to monitor her situation. So, her mom will come down hopefully around midnight tomorrow, which means that her kids are at my place for another two nights. They have been pretty good, so it's not too difficult. We went to visit her tonight and took her cards and flowers, which cheered her up some.

Meanwhile... this morning I went to the dentist and indeed I need a root canal, plus eventually several crowns. This afternoon, my Ex informed me that he had not listed me on his new dental plan. This is not what we had agreed to, and actually the law in Canada pretty much says that until you are divorced (which we aren't) if someone has access to family benefits, the separated spouse is covered. It's not like it costs him a dime... he either has single coverage or family. He has family because we have four kids... so to list me is no problem. So now I have to pay for my dental costs totally (estimated about $1500 - 2000), just for this appointment coming up. And I have no income until July because of my Articling. Sometimes this whole thing is so frustrating. I can't wait until I am totally self sufficient. I am sick of having to depend on others for money (or anything else for that matter)

On the bright side, (and there is one), I met with a guy who wants to rent out an office to another lawyer this afternoon, and I am really impressed with what he is offering. This place is within walking distance of my place. He is married to a female minister in the Anglican church. which I find promising. It would be nice to work with someone who has some similar values to me. And he is offering a pretty nice deal for the first few months. I need to sit down with him and sort out the fine details.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here