Tuesday, June 21, 2005

crazy days...

Last night I got sick... major head cold, including sore throat, coughing, sniffling, sneezing, eyes watering... bleh. This morning I was even sicker. And it was going to be a long day.

I had promised to drive Zoe to school for her first exam. She is busy studying hard and I expect her to do well.

Then I had to meet a friend I am helping with legal work back at my place, and we worked for almost three hours on her paper work which is due in court by Thursday.

Then my dad and I headed off to Montreal for an appointment -- luckily we left early cause we got very lost in Montreal due to construction, poor signs and one way streets. Our appointment started late and ended late, so we didn't attempt to leave Montreal until almost 7 pm. I say "attempt" cause we got lost again! I love Montreal, but it's hell to drive there.

Neither of us had eaten since breakfast, so we stopped at a St. Hubert on the way home for a quick meal. This is the Canadian equivalent of Swiss Chalet. (We have SC here, but SH is much better!!)

On the last hour of our journey, suddenly there were flares on the road ahead and the entire highway was closed. There was a huge accident ahead on the road, so we decided to take a detour and got lost again in "the sticks" outside of Ottawa. That was kind of fun, as I stopped to ask directions and the people in the little store didn't seem to believe me that the highway was closed. Meanwhile, a police cruiser screamed by as it headed to the highway.

Finally we got home around 10 pm. Poor Zoe and Oliver were here alone all night (not that they aren't old enough, but they were lonely I think!) Eric had been at a meeting and didn't get home until 11 pm. Dorothy and Amelia have wandered in recently, and I haven't seen Sarah yet.

Meanwhile I am still sick. I just want to crawl into bed.

Comments:
What a day! I hope you're all better now. I had fun playing the quizzes on the more recent posts... I'm from Mercury (and talk to much) apparently.
 
Sometimes I think summer colds are the worst... no fireplace to curl up to, and the electric blanket is way too hot in Texas.
 
It is officially summer now so you should inform your immune system that it is no longer permissable to have colds and flus! Cuz if anything sucks worse than a flu it's a flu on a hot day! Hope you are well soon.
Kim form Relaxed Homeskool
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here