Saturday, June 25, 2005

Sorry... I got tagged... we love books!!!

I promise I am not going to do another meme after this one. Really.

Teri tagged me for this book meme:

1. Total Number of Books Owned:
I have no idea how many books we have - maybe one thousand??? Eric, Dorothy and I each have tons. Amelia and Zoe have some, as does Owen.

2. Last Book Bought:
The Real History Behind the Davinci Code (Sharan Newman) ... bought this on my trip out west... really interesting.

3. Last Book Read:
Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)... which is the prequel to the Davinci Code... which I loved.

4. Five Books that mean alot to me:
Agatha Christie murder mysteries... I own almost every book she wrote, about 78 of them.

Leon Uris books - especially Trinity, Exodus and Mila 18. These books opened my eyes to history and a love of historical fiction books.

Margaret Atwood books - great Canadian author - especially: Cat's Eye, Handmaid's Tale and Alias Grace. (all amazing stories about women and girls)

Learned Optimism - Martin Seligman - this is a neat book if you have any anxious, pessimists in your family... very wonderful way of understanding how optimism can be learned - how to change perceptions of negativity.

My favorite kids books:
Grasshopper on the Road - Arnold Lobel. - which teaches all ages about the many different types of people in the world and that they are all ok - tolerance and diversity - and exploration of our wonderful world.

Jenna and the Troublemaker - Hiawyn Oram - a simple story about a girl who has problems and has the chance to trade them for other problems and realizes her problems are actually manageable.

I tag: Gina, Carrie, Amy, Valerie, and of course, my favorite teacher, Holly.






Tag 5 people:

Comments:
Hey Lisa, Thanks for visiting my site, it's always nice to meet cool people, seems most of the people who go to my site are right wing christians, so it's great when I see people like you comment, and your from Ontario too! Happy Pride Week!
 
I loved Learned Optimism. Great book.
 
I've got this one done and up today! Thanks for tagging me!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here