Saturday, July 09, 2005

Surprise!



This is the surprise I was talking about... We got a 7 week old miniature poodle today! We had to pick between a smaller 3 lb one who had white paws and chest and this all-black 4 lb boy. We decided to take this one as he seemed less hyper. As a miniature poodle, it is predicted that he will grow to be about 12 lbs as an adult... but could be as much as 15 lbs.

Why the hell did I decide to get another animal, you ask? Well...

1) Like Holley, I think I need an Emergency Back-Up Dog... you know... just in case.
2) We have two cats, so its just fair (I like dogs more than cats... Eric likes cats more)
3) Poodles are hypo allergenic, so it won't bother my allergies.
4) I have been wanting to breed Suki and I am interested in Cockapoos - they are so cute!
5) We can sell the puppies for quite a bit which will pay for fixing these two dogs eventually.
6) This will help Suki to have more power against the dark forces of cats in this house.
7) Suki sometimes is lonely when we have to go out.
8) Oliver wants a dog.... (aka this is a way to bribe him to live here)
9) Did I mention that I love dogs?

**please note: I wanted to get another dog, specifically a miniature poodle for the past six months and have been shopping around -- it is just a coincidence that Oliver wants a puppy -- and I told him that if he is here at the end of August (meaning Oliver) and if he takes good care of the pup, it can be "his" dog... and if not, it's my dog.

Also, I wouldn't consider breeding Suki if she wasn't an incredible sweet tempered smart dog. At least 4 people have asked me to let them know if she has puppies as they like her so much.
I have bred dogs on occasion in the past and have always been able to find excellent homes for them.

Houdini (our main cat) has already welcomed the puppy by licking him. Maybe has stalked him a few times and threatened him by hissing. She is just letting him know that she is the Queen of this house.

Comments:
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for visiting my site and your kind comment. I have 3 children of my own but know a woman with 11 children in a blended family/adoption situation not too dissimilar to you. Nice to meet ya! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here