Saturday, August 13, 2005

Being able to pick what you want!



Owen decided he wanted this cool side pack instead of a regular book bag (back pack). It is made of jean material (which matches his pencil case) and interestingly was located with a bunch of pink and purple packs which are obviously being marketed to girls. As well, it has embroidery on the little side pocket which looks like a heart, a hand print and a flower.

You have to understand, Owen is a very sensitive boy, who gets teased alot already at school. So I pointed out to him that some might think that this pack is for girls. He thought about it and then said... "That's ok... if anyone says anything, I can always say its a hand-me-down from my sister". He REALLY wanted this pack. (and he thinks it is way cool)

We also got him some new shoes (which look like bowling shoes), 2 t-shirts, mechanical pencils, erasers, scissors, markers and a sponge bog garbage can.

Comments:
Ah back-to-school shopping. Next on my list of things that I can't put off much longer...

PS - Owen, I think that book bag rocks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here