Thursday, September 08, 2005

I Love David Suzuki

We were just watching the late news and saw a great report on the Unitarian Service Council's special evening held here in Ottawa tonight. Their guests were Bruce Cockburn, an incredible Canadian performer and David Suzuki.

Bruce Cockburn is one of my long time favorite artists and I have seen him perform live twice in my life about twenty years apart. He is famous for his "If I Had a Rocket Launcher Song" and several others.

They showed a clip of David Suzuki talking about the disaster in New Orleans. Part of what he said included a comment something like this... "it is clear there will be long term ramifications and repercussions about this crisis, I just hope that somewhere along the way, someone beats the shit out of George Bush!"

I have to say that was quite funny -- shocking yes -- but funny.

Comments:
I love David Suzuki too, opinionated but with the brains and knowledge to back it up.

And did you see that magazine cover a few years ago where he posed wearing nothing but a big smile and a fig leaf? Gads he's over 60 and looks better than most men half his age!
 
Haa,I WISH I'd seen that!
I love that man,he's one of my heros:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here