Friday, November 11, 2005

This week has been very busy, which seems to be the "normal" around here these days. I am still in search of balance in my life, but it seems to be on vacation.

Earlier this week I was at the courthouse to file some documents and I ran into an old friend from law school. Another "mature" student, she decided to stay another year at school to do her masters, and now is articling. It was great seeing her - but we didn't have much time as we were both busy with deadlines.

Interestingly, I have two cases right now which involve grandparents and custody/access rights. So I will be able to use the same research for both cases. In Ontario, anyone can bring an application for custody or access for a child that they have a connection to. This connection does not have to be blood, it can be a step-parent or aunt or anyone who has in the past provided care to a child.

Also I got another new immigration case yesterday so it will give me more experience in an area of immigration that I didn't know as much about.

The good thing is that I am still taking one day off each week to spend with Owen. We are switching our special day from Friday to Tuesday but it will take us a few weeks to do this.
On Tuesdays, Owen and I have started going to the JCC for swimming in the afternoons with our friends Darby and her kids. We really like that pool better - it's nice than Dovercourt. Owen had a bit of a confrontation with the new teacher, though - he was not listening when she was giving instructions so she pointed it out to him and he got angry. He does not take criticism well. He informed me that he was never coming back. I told him that actually, he was and that if the teacher made a mistake about him, then he would come back next week and prove it by his behaviour!

Meanwhile, Dorothy is getting packed for her big trip to Europe. She will leave on Monday, flying overnight to London to meet Sarah. Then they will fly together to Paris for a week, returning to London for the second week. It looks like Dorothy has organized what they will be doing while over there. Hopefully things will have calmed down in Paris by the time they arrive.

Zoe had a big test in her science class this week - and informed me last night that she got 100%! Wow. What a brain. She and I are planning to go to see the movie "Rent" when it comes out in the next week or two. We have both seen the play and it was fantastic. If you haven't seen it, go see the movie - it is worth it, just for the music.

Of course there are other big movies coming out - Harry Potter and of course the Narnia movie. We are planning on seeing both of these too at some point. But I think this time I may wait so it's not so crowded at the Harry Potter movie.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here