Friday, October 21, 2005

I may be wrong or I may be right...

So I met another lawyer yesterday - spent a few hours with him. I thought it went well and he was super nice and talked very cooperatively. We have two shared files and it seemed like on one of them we worked towards a common goal to solve the problems in the file. The second file was harder as neither of us know our clients well - and one of them (at least) must be lying. We just don't know which one. Both of these clients are making wild allegations about the other.

This morning I sent him some evidence that my client is telling the truth. This afternoon he did a huge 180 on me - and basically refused to let my client see his kids this weekend. I was pretty frustrated after what he had said to me yesterday- kind of leading me down a garden path so to speak. I feel very betrayed. Who knew that lawyers could be slime balls?

Silly me. I think I am very naive. I think I will call my good friend and talk to her about this guy because I have no idea if I can trust him now. I guess one of my problems is making sure I don't internalize this and take it personally. I may be wrong about my guy, but I may be right. Hey, isn't that a Billy Joel song?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here