Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Top 10 Reasons we are sleep deprived...

1. Owen waking up because he has had a nightmare, is hungry, is thirsty, forgot to do his homework, has to go pee, fell out of his bed, has sore feet, a headache, a sliver, a scratch or someone left the light on outside his bedroom window (the backyard).

2. Suki waking me up because she has to go outside (for the 4th time), needs a good scratch, wants to chew on something, has heard someone else walking around, is just restless, thinks it must be "morning" (even though it is only 5 am)...btw she sleeps with us on our bed.

3. Sarah waking me up because she comes in late from being out with her boyfriend (at 1 am), or she decides to watch a movie in the living room at full blast because she doesn't have to work the next day (2 am), or she decides she needs a shower (at 3 am), or because she forgot to do the dishes so what the heck, let's crash around in the kitchen loading the dishwasher and running it (at 4 am), or she is talking on the phone to her friend in China (at 5 am) or she is having a "discussion" with Amelia about who gets to use the shower (at 6 am). (See a pattern here?)

4. Amelia waking me up because she arrives home around midnight and wants to use her dad's laptop. (Usually we aren't asleep at this point, but just in bed)

5. My dad waking us up because he has fallen asleep with the tv on in the basement where his room is right under our room so the noise comes up the vents.

6. Sarah's boyfriend James calls or Sheena's boyfriend Dave calls (10 times in a row) after midnight.

7. Eric Snores... (I know, I know, so do I!) but sometimes he keeps me up.

8. Zoe wakes me up at 7 am asking me if she can get a ride to school at 8:30 because it's -40. (this one I don't mind so much, but couldn't she wait just 15 more minutes?)

9. Houdini wakes us up because he cut his own little "cat door" into our screen and jumps right onto Eric's head, so that Eric yells because usually the cat is wet and cold! (usually this only happens in summer when the window is left open)

10. The birds wake us up... because they are just mean and spiteful...or maybe they just don't understand that the daytime is the only time to get any sleep in our house.

dorothy never wakes me up. she is the quiet one.


Comments:
Except for the names, my life is similar... I hear your pain across many miles and waving fields of grain..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here