Sunday, April 03, 2005

Summer Vacation



Holly over at Mean Teacher was describing their adventurous camping trip into the mountains. I can't imagine camping in April! Here, the May long weekend (in Canada we celebrate the Queen's birthday on the May long weekend) is usually the first time anyone thinks about camping, and then there are tons of black flies and mosquitos. I prefer waiting until the end of August when there are less bugs. Sometimes it is a bit cooler, but that's fine with me.

I also have never camped in the mountains. The place we have been going for about 15 years is Sandbanks Provincial Park, one of the most popular camp grounds in Canada, due to its extensive beaches and sand dunes the size of very tall trees. You have to reserve 5 months ahead to get a decent site, which I usually do. Some years we have just gone down for a weekend and stayed in a motel. They have camping in the woods and near the beach. Usually we choose the woods, as there is more shade, but this year I have chosen a beach site because that's where the dogs hang out - there is a dog beach at this place!

This way if we want to bring Suki, we can. I think she would love it there. She likes people and dogs so it should be ok. As long as we bring enough people who can take turns watching her, we will be fine. The only time I could get a full week was the last week of August, which isn't great for Oliver, as it looks like he is visiting us in July. Oh well. We can't plan everything around what his mom wants.

Hopefully we can do some other small excursion when he is visiting in July. Last year we went to Montreal to La Ronde (an amusement park) for a day trip.

Comments:
Ah, now you have me daydreaming about camping with my family!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here