Monday, June 27, 2005

Holiday-ing...

Tonight we went over to the RA Centre pool. It's a great outdoor pool and for many years, during heat waves, we go over right after an early dinner to have a dip. I took Owen, Zoe, Dorothy and Oliver, with Eric meeting us there after work. It was just lovely.

Tomorrow I have to go get measured for my "law robes". Apparently these will cost about $400 which is the reason I haven't gone to do it yet. The budget is quite tight these days.
Hopefully soon I can start earning decent money to start dealing with my massive debt.

We all seem to be feeling better this week which is good as it is really horribly hot here. Last night, Dorothy, Sarah and I went to the Fringe Festival which is a local theatre/music festival. We saw one play then went to the Market for a jug of margaritas! It was hilarious ordering alcohol for two of my kids (who are both over 19, the legal drinking age here). The waiter asked Sarah for ID, and since she doesn't have a driver's licence, it was touch and go. In the end, they accepted her health card, which has her photo and birthdate on it.

Meanwhile, Ottawa is gearing up for Canada Day which is our biggest Holiday (especially when you live in the nation's capital!!) There are huge Canada flags going up all over town. There were tons of buskers down on the Market, including artists, musicians and flame throwers! For the past two years, we have had visitors on Canada Day, so we spent about 12 hours downtown enjoying the fun, but this year I think we will be more low-key, and just go down late to watch the amazing fire works!

Comments:
I am ignorant... what does Canada Day celebrate? Similar to our Fourth of July?
 
Yes, Canada Day is just like your 4th of July... it is the day in 1867 that Canada became independant of Britain!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here