Saturday, December 17, 2005

5 things most people don't know about me...

I have been tagged by Ms. L... to share 5 things that most people don't know about me. This is really tough. Most people know that I am a parent of 4 children, step-parent to three. They know that I teach sex education to youth at the Unitarian church. They also know that I recently became a lawyer after being a social worker for about 15 years. But they don't know that...

1. When I was about 10 - 13 years old, our family was a gospel singing group called "The New Bethany Singers" - we travelled around Ontario, Quebec and New York state singing at churches and festivals. We all played musical instruments - I played the drums!

2. I love singing and acting, but am too shy to do it in public. The thing I like most about church is singing. If I had time, I would join the choir. I guess I get some gratification through my kids, who are involved in musical theatre.

3. I am part of a huge extended family. My parents had 4 kids, then split up. Then my dad remarried and had 4 more kids. I am the first one who moved to Ottawa back in 1982. Slowly most of my huge family ended up here. Now, both of my parents live here, as well as my sisters Kim and Melanie, as well as my brothers Phil and Dan. My sister Dana used to live here, but moved a few years ago to California. There are now 10 grandchildren. When we get together it's very crowded!

4. I love horse back riding. I hardly ever get to do it, but I try to at least once a year. It is just so expensive. When I was a teen, I got to spend two summers on a ranch. It was wonderful. I always wanted to own a ranch or farm and have my own horse. Oh well. I don't think that will actually happen, but I continue to admire horses greatly. One of my favorite movies is Hidalgo.

5. I won an award for a paper that I wrote in 2000 - from the Canadian Department of Justice, for my paper on mediation and children. This was before I went to law school. If you want to see it, look here. I also wrote a non-fiction book in 1990-91 called Caring About Families. It is mentioned on this website.

I would like to tag: Holley, Andrea, Kim, Terri and Scott.
If anyone else wants to play, join in - and leave a comment so I can check out your answers!

Comments:
YAY,thanks for playing!
I went horseback riding once,and was hooked instantly,it was a lot of fun! Where I live,people keep horses in their back yards:)
 
ok - I'll take up your challenge... just gotta get my thinking cap on. This one is a toughie!
 
Done it finally! Go here:
http://atypicalife.net/blog/?p=2585
 
Enfin je suis finie!
Today's post answers the meme.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here