Monday, May 08, 2006

I can't believe its May...

Hi there. Teri pointed out that I hadn't been posting much... this is so true. There are two reasons for this. One is that I started my own business last fall and it has gotten really busy. Generally this is a good thing! Eventually I will make enough money to pay my student loans!

But I find myself falling behind in many areas of my life - most especially the housework! I don't get to see my family and friends enough, I don't have enough time for my volunteer commitments. Blah. So I guess I have had to make the choice that my online community will suffer. I just wanted you to know that I haven't seen my "real life" friends much either. Actually, last night we finally went to a friend's place for a bbq, and we realized that we haven't gotten together since January. These are people we used to see monthly. It's not just us, their lives have gotten busier too.

This will not do. I need to find a balance. I have taken some actions to relocate the priorities of my life. For example, I am trying to take Tuesdays off to spend time with my homeschooling friends with Owen. We visit, have lunch, go swimming. We have been doing this for over three years, but during the winter, I wasn't making it alot of the time as I would have court appearances on Tuesdays. I am trying hard to avoid Tuesday court dates!

I also am making sure that my dad is invited over every weekend for dinner and games. As well I am trying to see my mom at least once a month for lunch or other activity, even if it's just doing errands or going to a doctor's appointment with her. I always enjoy these activities.

How do you find balance in this crazy life? How do you protect time for yourself, your kids, your partner, your friends etc.? I am looking for suggestions.

Comments:
Aaaahhhh! I am guilty of working too much too and have been thinking of how to sort out my schedule to have more time for fun and friends. Glad to you you posting again.
:)
 
OY! Happy Mother's Day!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here