Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Orgasm in a Cup

OK...so Nina at Nina Turns 40 was talking about the new chocolate drink at Starbucks that is NOT hot chocolate but is a hot chocolate drink targeted to chocoholics. I found some information on a USA Today site:

Starbucks is dubbing its new product Chantico (shan-TEE-ko), named for the Aztec goddess of the hearth. Unlike hot chocolate, which is made from cocoa powder, Chantico is steamed with cocoa butter and whole milk. It's no diet drink: A 6-ounce cup has 390 calories, 21 grams of fat and 51 carbs.

That might seem to run counter to prevailing trends in a culture increasingly obsessing over better-for-you food and drink. Not quite. The nation also has become increasingly indulgent since 9/11. And Starbucks will market it as a "drinkable dessert." Imagine melting down a chocolate bar — and drinking it.

OH MY GOD... I am so wanting to check this out....are there any Starbucks downtown where I work??? I have no idea, as I don't drink coffee...???? Will have to check this out tomorrow. This will not help in my weightloss plan for 2005. Crap. But I am sure it will make me a much more pleasant human being and more patient, tranquil parent.

Comments:
Have you had any luck finding one of these yet? I've been resisting, and going to those small independent coffee houses that nina also frequents.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here