Saturday, May 14, 2005

Speaking of Movies...

We were talking about our favorite movies the other day, and what makes it a "favorite". For me, I know what I don't like. 1. Horrific Violence. 2. Really stupid humour. Otherwise, I like many types of movies, including drama, adventure, historical, sci fi and fantasy. Mostly, a movie becomes my favorite if it has a really good story. I also like movies that are ok for family viewing (ie. children over 7, not very young children).

Some of my favorites include:

1. Chocolat
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Ella Enchanted
4. Finding Neverland
5. Hidalgo
6. The Parent Trap (original)
7. Gone with the Wind
8. Schindler's List
9. It's a Wonderful Life
10. To Kill a Mockingbird
11. Fried Green Tomatoes
12. The Princess Bride
13. Kingdom of Heaven (just saw this one - very good story)
14. Evelyn
15. The War
16. Jumanji
17. I, Robot
18. Braveheart
19. Lord of the Rings
20. Indiana Jones Collection
21. Tomb Raider (2 movies)
22. Harry Potter
23. Narnia Collection
24. Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
25. Chicago
26. Girl Interrupted
27. 12 Monkeys
28. Interview with a Vampire
29. Hunt for Red October, Sum of All Fears, Clear and Present Danger, Patriot Games (all Dr. Jack Ryan movies!)
30. The Fugitive (original or remake)

What are your favorite movies?

Comments:
Which Narnia movies are the ones on your list? I keep coming across the crappiest versions. I love all movies, so here are my top 5 that I love but will probably never watch again because they are entirely too intense:

1. Fight Club
2. Schindler's List
3. La Haine
4. Naked Lunch
5. La Cite des Enfants Perdus
5.
 
1. Dr. Zhivago
2. Laura
3. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir ( the one with Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney)
4. Gone With The Wind
5. Funny Girl
 
(oops, I wasn't through!)
6. Fiddler on the Roof
7. My Fair Lady
8. Lonesome Dove
9. The Quiet Man
10. The Old Man and the Sea
11. The Lion in Winter
12. White Christmas
13. The Ten Commandments
14. The Werewolf ( with Lon Chaney, Jr.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here