Sunday, October 02, 2005

I didn't clean the floor!

We did get a wonderful walk yesterday afternoon with the dogs. We went to Bruce Pit, a great place with lots of trails where you can let dogs run. They were holding "Bark in the Park" which is a fundraiser for a local dog rescue group. They are adopting 20 dogs from New Orleans who were abandoned. You could buy dog toys or get a picture of your dog taken. We decided our dogs wouldn't hold still for the picture so we bought them a couple of neat dog toys.

Then Dorothy and I went grocery shopping and got stuff to make salad and lamb chops for dinner. We had a nice time watching "Sense and Sensibilities" a movie that I have seen and enjoyed quite a while ago. (Eric had gone out with Dad and my brothers for dinner and pool after they finished moving them).

Today I got to go to church for the first time in a long time, as I am always teaching. It was neat to get to see the new team of ministers... there are 3 now... including the old timer, Brian, the new minister Lee, and another new one named Debra, who is an intern (a student for a year)... but actually she is middle aged and has tons of experience so I think we are pretty lucky to have her this year. They also had guest musicians who played piano and flute... very nice music. The gist of the sermon today seemed to be that it doesn't matter if you are really good at something if you ignore everything else in your life so much that it suffers. Balance is key. I would say that I agree with that.

This afternoon I got a few things done and finally mowed the lawn... my neighbours must hate us by now as we have mowed the lawn about 1 time for every 6 times that they do. Next year is a new beginning when it comes to the garden.

Tonight Dad stopped by to get the last of his stuff and he ended up having dinner with us and playing a game of Carcasonne with us. Just like "old times". (And he only moved out yesterday!) I guess he missed us.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here