Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Countdown...

OK, so there are 5 1/2 shopping days until Christmas, are you ready?

I am NOT. Every night I have been wrapping a few gifts and I did pick up a couple of things over the weekend. But, I don't even have Zoe's list yet.

I usually love Christmas shopping - finding just the right gift for each person, something that they will love or at least appreciate. This year I have been so busy I am not finding any joy in it.

After a big snow storm hit us on Friday (almost 10 inches of snow) we all stayed home and had a "snow day". I told the kids they could stay home as long as they shoveled the driveway by dinner. Amelia, Zoe, Oliver and Owen spent about an hour out there. They did such a good job that I gave them each $10 (x 4 kids).

Holiday plans are slowly unkinking... so far plans include:
Monday - shopping
Tuesday - Eric's birthday party
Wednesday - going out with friends for dinner
Thursday - Christmas Carol party at friends
Friday - relaxing at home??? (last minute shopping)
Saturday - getting food ready for Sunday so I won't have to cook on Sunday!
Christmas Day - my kids with us
Boxing Day - Eric's kids with us

Comments:
After my aborted mall trip on Sunday (think big crowd, small toddler and mall security and you're probably in the ballpark) I'm reluctant to go out to pick up those last few gifts I need to pick up. I'm thinking some people will get cash in their stockings this year.

Christmas carol party sounds wonderful, what cool friends you have!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here