Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas Wrap Up

Good things that happened in the past week...

1. We had a really nice Christmas Eve here at our place with all of the kids present (yes, all 7 of them!) and my father plus my brother Phil. We played games and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" one of my favorite Christmas movies. Eric made dinner - a taco salad - and it was really good. Later Dorothy and Zoe made chocolate chip cookies. We let everyone open one or two gifts because Eric's kids were leaving to go spend the night/next day at their moms place.

2. Christmas morning - I got up with my kids - (Eric slept all morning having stayed up all night playing his new video game!!) and we had a nice time opening gifts together. It didn't really matter that Eric wasn't there, as I am the one who had planned and purchased most of the gifts anyway. I am learning to go with the flow more and more each year.

3. Dad and Phil came back for brunch with us. It is our "tradition" (for about 6 years now) to make home made belgian waffles for Christmas day - we have them with icecream and strawberries. Yummy. I also heated up a ham to take over to Dan's house for dinner.

4. We went to Dan's house for dinner where most of our extended family had gathered. They had turkey, potatos, stuffing, carrots, turnip and salad which was all delicious. We brought the ham and some broccoli (Dorothy can't eat orange/red veggies due to allergies) and a pumpkin pie. My sister Melanie brought a home made apple pie - and my mom brought cute mini cheesecakes, both of which were to die for.

5. Boxing day - we slept in really late for the first time. That afternoon, most of us went to see the Narnia movie. It was wonderful - we loved it. Even if you haven't read the books, it is excellent. I hope they do the other ones too. I have to say that Peter looks an awful lot like a young Prince William.

6. Eric came with me to my office and we worked for at least 5 hours on my new accounting system for my law practise. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE MATH!! We took the tutorial together and were able to start entering the financial data (including billing) - we got a lot done - had a few questions - made some mistakes - but then learned how to correct mistakes... overall it was a nasty but necessary exercise. Afterwards, I took Eric out for dinner as a reward for his moral support.

7. Last night we went to visit some friends for dinner and to play Catan. Had a great time and Eric won! (he doesn't win very often) We brought Suki and she was well behaved. It is so nice having an adult dog who other people can enjoy. The other dog (who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent) is still behaving quite badly. Besides chewing everything, he has taken to barking in the middle of the night - usually because one of the cats has walked by. It is very annoying.

8. Today was my official day to be at the office. We decided to open for three days this week with "reduced" hours. The problem is that the people who called wanted action and they weren't my clients so they were quite annoyed when I couldn't help them. I was little more than an answering machine which did not solve their problems. Next year I would recommend that we just close the office for the week. I did get some stuff done including seeing two clients which is usually nice and was nice today.

Tomorrow I am trying to get an annoying errand done. Eric and I have to go downtown to apply for new health cards for both Owen and Oliver. My problem is that I can't find Owen's birth certificate. I know I have it, I just don't know where. I am sure it is some place safe....???

Oh well... and I forgot to mention that Eric and I have been watching Season 4 of 24. It is pretty good so far. We love this show.

Comments:
Sounds like a (mostly) lovely Christmas!

When you find Owen's BC maybe mine will be there too - I need to reapply for my passport and I can't find that sucker anywhere. I just know I'll be forking out $35 for a new one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here