Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Mom and Dad for Christmas

After reflecting on how Christmas went, one thing has struck me. This is the first time in over thirty years that my parents spent Christmas day together. It was so nice having them both there enjoying the kids and grandkids.

It has taken a long time to get my mom to accept that my dad was part of our lives again, even though he lived with me for over a year! My dad is very easy going, a real kidder and easy to get along with, while my mother still hasn't gotten over the ancient past.

Last Christmas my mom went to California to see my sister, partly to avoid haing to deal with my dad for the holidays. This year we managed to involve both of them - she spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my sister Melanie, while Dad spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with me. Then we all went to Dan's for dinner for the big celebration.

Hopefully things will continue to improve over time and we can all live together in peace.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here