Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Homework Update

So apparently, Owen's class (grade 3) is being assigned homework on Mondays which is due by Friday of each week. So we decided that every Monday night we would have a homework club (along with Oliver who seems to need the company and moral support to get his homework done). On Monday night we did this for the first time and the three of us sat at the dining room table and did French (Oliver), Math & Reading (Owen).

Oliver has been really anxious about French, as he was out of province for two years and had no French in BC. Apparently there, Spanish was offered??? But on Monday he said that he was thinking about continuing in French after grade 9. (In Ontario, grade 9 is the last mandatory year of French). Why this sudden change of heart?

He got 3/3 on his first French assignment. (I didn't take the opportunity to remind him that I helped him out with that first assignment!) My boost of help has boosted his self confidence and he is starting to realize that he actually does remember quite a bit of the French he learned up until grade 6.

Comments:
Sounds like you guys have a good plan going there.
 
I have been guilty in the past of being TOO much of a tutor with my girls so we could get to bed by at least 1 AM...

While I miss the little young faces who thought Mom could whup King Kong, I don't miss the midnight runs to Wal-Mart for poster board and magic markers!
 
I'm in BC,yep French is offered here.Spanish too,and ..oh Latin.

It's amazing how much you retain!I haven't taken French in YEARS,like over 15,and it's surprising what I remember still.
I love our brains:)

Yay Oliver!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here