Friday, September 16, 2005

What's Up?

Yesterday I went to Owen's "meet the teacher" evening... it was pretty nice visiting his class - he is feeling fairly positive about it all, after a few rough first days. His teacher says he is doing fairly well but she is concerned about his "writing disability". I am concerned that Owen has conned her into thinking he can't write things. So we will be working on that at home for the next little while!

On the bright side, Owen informed me that he has joined the cross country team and loves running the course several times a week. I want to find out when the meet is so hopefully I can go.

Dorothy has started working regularly three days a week, so I was worried about the dogs being left alone too often, so I came home during the day to check on them a few times this week. I found out that dad has been letting them out, so that helps some. The darn puppy is still not trained and its getting pretty old.

Zoe started guitar lessons this week and has to be at school at 7:30 am twice a week for the lessons. I thought she was nuts to attempt this, as she is NOT a morning person (and neither am I so there is no way I can get her there). Apparently the teacher is really cool and she is enjoying it - even though she has to get up a lot earlier. And she will get an extra credit this way which is great.

This morning I got a message from a client of mine (a teen girl) who has gone into labour so I am hoping to go to visit her this weekend some time to see her. She is pretty isolated and a real sweet heart, so I hope it goes ok for her.

Today we spent the afternoon and evening at a friends house. We visited, had dinner and watched King Arthur, which I have seen several times before, but I love that movie so it was great seeing it again.

Amelia has taken off for Toronto for the weekend to go to a concert with friends, so it's pretty quiet around here.

Comments:
thanks! I usually thrive while living in chaos, but have felt pretty burnt out in recent weeks... I am slowly getting used to the new rhythm of our lives...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here