Monday, October 10, 2005

Holiday Monday

We had a nice dinner yesterday and it was pretty relaxing. We played some games and I almost won both of them. Today we are all taking it easy although I am trying to get some paperwork done, which includes cleaning up my room some so I can find things I am looking for.

I got a call today from my old friend Kate, who I have known at least 17 years. Our daughters Dorothy and Molly went to kindergarten together and became lifelong friends. They both are heavily into Blythe now. Kate and I have birthdays one day apart and we used to always go horseback riding together every birthday weekend. We have grown apart over the years and usually just see each other once a year to catch up. I think we will go out this Friday night to catch a movie and dinner.

One of Eric's projects is to try to make our printer have a wireless connection to all the computers in our house. I hope he can figure it out. I guess its like "sharing" on computers. It would make things easier for everyone in printing their assignments.

At the youth group yesterday we talked about what we are thankful for in terms of music. I talked about Fleetwood Mac and the Rumours album. I discovered them when I was in grade 10 and have owned it in some form or another until now. It looks like I will be going on a retreat at the end of October with the youth group to a farm. I hope I can bring Suki, I think she would love it there. I will ask them if its ok.

Comments:
I love those old friendships, they're like your favourite sweater, you may not wear it very often but as soon as you slip it on it feels like you've never taken it off.

Gotta go call an old friend now.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here