Thursday, January 05, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

I am trying to decide what volunteer commitments to keep or give up for the new year. Over the past year, I have spent huge numbers of hours on volunteering for our church and I joined two new committees in the past few months. There is no way I can continue on doing all of this and fit in my family and my new career.

Obviously this all has affected my blog and how often I have time to commit to blogging, let alone visiting my online friends. If only there were more hours each day. I have to bite the bullet and make some decisions.

In other news, I am going to go to the Children's Museum with my mom on Friday. We are going to take Owen and my nephew Bailey (age 6). It should be a fun day.

Comments:
I, too, have left my blogging chores lag a bit. I had noticed my "real reading" had suffered sorely from my lack of devoting time, so I am back at the "books" I love...
 
I sort of think of blogging as a gorgeous comfy old sweater - I don't put it on every day but I'm not going to give it up either. As long as it brings me pleasure I'll keep it around.

As far as volunteering, I haven't met very many people with as much "stuff" on their plate as you have! You make WonderWoman look like a lazy loaf! I say pick a couple of things that bring you the most fulfilment and that your particular contribution is most valued and let the rest go. You need some time to take care of you too!
 
hook me up with some volunteer hours!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here