Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dogs on the Run

Some time last weekend, our crazy puppies, Suki and Oscar, learned how to jump over the fence of our backyard. Most times, they just run around for a few minutes then sit proudly at our front door. The main problem is that the snow has gotten so deep, it gives them something to run and jump from.. but even with our attempts to shovel it, I think they love their freedom so much they just climb the darn fence now.

Yesterday when I got home just before 5 pm, they had gone missing. Zoe, Oliver and Amelia were home, due to exams, and between the three of them it seemed like they had been missing for over 30 minutes. We drove and walked around the neighbourhood to no avail. After I came back (around 5:30), I checked the messages, and the vet's office had called. Some woman about six blocks away had captured the little rascals - around 3 pm. I was pretty annoyed that the kids were so vague about when they let the dogs out but was also relieved that the dogs were ok. We went over and picked them up - it was about six blocks away - luckily for us they didn't stray the other direction - 2 blocks away is a major intersection.

Now we can't let them outside without a chaperone - they are just dying to escape again. I find myself planning my day around walks for them. I guess we have been pretty lazy with the option of just letting them out. It's too bad though as they really did love our yard. (Kind of reminds me of kids, when they discover the big world and don't want to stay home anymore!)

Comments:
I know just how those pups of yours feel. I get the urge to run out and jump over the fence sometimes too. And I can never seem to find a good enough hideout either - someone always comes after me and drags me home. I never get into anything dangerous - or maybe that's just because I get dragged home before I can get into too much trouble! :))
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here