Saturday, January 21, 2006

Lawyers can be nice!

I have been shocked to find out that many lawyers (especially male lawyers) are jerks. I know, this seems to be a no brainer for some, but I guess I am naive. In the past few months I have been screamed at, called names and threatened. How does a lawyer threaten another lawyer? Just as in any abusive relationship, he can threaten to report you to the Law Society, (which is a threat to your livelihood), he can threaten you with costs (which is a financial threat against your client), but most of all he can be intimidating and in your face, thus escalating the file and making the clients pay in the end, financially and emotionally.

It was thus to my joy this week that I met a really nice male lawyer who worked very hard with me to avert disaster in court and come up with a settlement agreement. He really understood what was at stake and helped set up a family to be able to hopefully solve their own problems in a healthy way. I tip my hat to him - and he restores my faith in the decency of lawyers out there.

If you ever need a lawyer, look for this type of person. Aggressive is not better. Calm lawyers work towards reaching a fair settlement - and the judges respect them more.

Comments:
If you ever are looking for a husband look for the calm type too!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here