Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Update

Boy the weekend just whizzed past! On Friday we went to a friend's house for dinner and to hang around. Then on Saturday, Owen and I went to pick up my nephew Bailey at Cosmic Adventures (after a birthday party) and we ended up hanging around there for a few hours of "fun". Then Bailey came back to our place for dinner and a sleepover.

Dad and Ruth came over Saturday night to play euchre and Carcosonne. It was fun - we haven't seen enough of Ruth lately. We hope to go there for dinner next weekend.

On Sunday, I taught the JR OWL program - and our topic was... you may want to skip this part... Masturbation! Yes... we really teach that at our church. We discuss it as a healthy, normal, safe alternative to having sex.

Did you know that there is research to show that if you regularly orgasm (ie. 3 times a week), your sexual health is more likely to stay good.

Anyhoooo..... then I had lunch with a friend after church. Later I went to the office to do a bit of work - then in the evening went home to make dinner. Deb showed up (Eric's ex) unexpectedly and ended up staying for dinner. I decided to make "breakfast"... so we had pancakes, bacon & eggs! Then, Eric, Deb and I went out for a beer to discuss their older daughter who does not live with us. She appears to be in crisis and may need some intervention in her life at some point soon.

When we got back, I spent almost two hours trying to get Owen to calm down after he had a disagreement with Oliver about the computer. He is certainly passionate about things and tends to overreact.

No wonder I am sooooo tired on Mondays. I need a holiday.

Comments:
Wow! I had almost given up on religion in regard to it's puritanical (and frequently just plain crazy!) ideas about sex but you have a very enlightened church indeed! The bible thumpers down here in Bushland would probably burn the place down!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here