Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March Break!

This week is March Break. Yes, I caved into the pressure from the kids and bought lots of junk food for them to celebrate with, including: fudgesicles, ice cream sandwiches, joe louis, etc. If you aren't Canadian you might not know what Joe Louis are??? Chocolate cake with white icing inside, and a chocolate coating on the outside. Like a wagon wheel, but cake like.

Yesterday I took the boys to visit the Comic Book Shop, where Sarah works. They had fun looking around - Owen had a hard time finding something to buy with his $5 - everything there is pretty expensive. In the end, he purchased a Naruto necklace - kind of like dog tags with cool pictures on it.

I also took the dogs for grooming yesterday - this was Oscar's first trip to the groomers. I was pretty worried about how he would act - when I clipped him before Christmas he peed on me and threw up. This time he was beautifully behaved and they loved him. Suki was also very good and friendly. And at least this time Oscar didn't look like the dog from the Simpsons... (I didn't do a very good job last time!!)

The kids don't have many plans this week - Oliver is hanging out with his friend Eric. Zoe is sleeping in a lot and watching tons of tv and movies with her sisters. Amelia has disappeared for a week with her boyfriend. Meanwhile, Dorothy and Sarah are both still working so it's a non-event for them. Owen is hoping to visit some boys who are the kids of my friend at work - we are trying to set that up still.

I wish I could take them all for a nice vacation. Oh well. It looks like I am going to NYC in April for a conference at the UN. I got a call from them today and it's pretty certain that I get to go. I will be attending as a youth advisor from our church, who is actively involved and has an office at the UN. I am pretty excited about it, but also nervous about being able to get any sleep on the trip. I tried to convince Zoe to come too, but she is not willing to miss three days of school for the trip.

Otherwise, March is passing by really fast, in a blur. It's Melanie's birthday this week - tomorrow! Happy Birthday Melanie!

Comments:
Joe Louis = Ring Ding, or, perhaps, Hostess Cupcakes? Yum!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here